Product Features and Specifications:
- 18” extra-large metal dial thermometer for easier viewing
- Easy to read face with brushed silver metal bezel and bold fonts
- Both Fahrenheit and Celsius scales
- Shatterproof lens for extra durability
- Weather resistant to enable hanging it outdoors
- Rustproof for use in rainy weathers.
Update: The Taylor Precision 681 Metal Dial Thermometer is currently on sale through this link on Amazon
These thermometers are very simple, plain looking thermometers which keeps the classy look alive. With these thermometers, it is quite possible to keep one hanging outside your house and read it from inside. The measurement is quite accurate as well. The readings might be off by one or two degrees, but that is a very minor issue and does not really matter much. It gets enough accuracy for the regular user to use it and has very simple set up and maintenance hassle. The thermometer is very durable and is almost impossible to destroy.
Pros of the Taylor Precision 681 Metal Dial Thermometer
The Taylor thermometer is very simple and easy to set up which means people with the least knowledge of electrical gadgets, like me can still set it up. It gives quite a reliable reading and is good enough for me. Others may require a very accurate and high tech thermometer, but I think that this simple one is good enough for me. This thermometer can take a lot of punishment and is the perfect thing for me.
Let me show you what current owners have to say about it.
I can easily read it about 30 yards away from my window. And it’s very accurate – summer or winter, it tracks within a degree or two of weather.com’s official temperature measured at the local airport a few miles away.
Cons of the Taylor Precision 681 Metal Dial Thermometer
Like I said, this thermometer is very good for my use and I do not face much problem with it. One problem which does not bother me much is that the dial is not very accurate and is difficult to tell the accurate temperature from the dial, but then again, this is due to peoples’ preferences. It does not bother me and I do not have any problem with it. Other than this, I do not think anyone should face any other problem with this thermometer.
The cheapest we have seen it is on Amazon who consistently sell this drill for under $30.
For current pricing information and best deals on Taylor Precision 681 Metal Dial Thermometer, follow this link to buy from Amazon:
- outdoor thermometer
- Conant Custom Brass Model T-6C Vermont Copper Dial Thermometer for those looking for an oldie theme
- Ambient Weather WS-1280 Wireless Indoor & Outdoor Digital Thermometer w/ Indoor Humidity, Forecaster, Atomic Clock
- Buy Best Outdoor Thermometer from Amazon